- Tuesday, April 15, 12:10 - 1:30 p.m. – "On Earth As It Is In Heaven?" A panel discussion on the intersection of Catholic Social Thought and sustainability. Salomon Hall. Panelists include:
- Dr. Michel Boudrias, Marine and Environmental Studies
- Dr. Terry McGoldrick, Theology & Religious Studies and School of Business
- Gloria Jimenez, Catholic Relief Services and the Archdiocese of Los Angeles Office of Justice and Peace
- Liz Crosby, Sophomore USD student
- Brian Beckord, Senior USD student
- Tuesday, April 1, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. – "The Gospel of Cesar Chavez," by Dr. Mario T. Garcia, professor of history and Chicano studies at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Event co-sponsored with the President’s Advisory Board on Inclusion and Diversity, Trans-border Institute, department of Sociology, and the Ethnic Studies program. Salomon Hall.
- Tuesday, March 4, 12:15-2:00 p.m. – "Invisible Chapel," the newest film from John Carlos Frey, a USD alumnus being honored for his creative work by Phi Beta Kappa. His film, a moving tribute to Our Lady of Mt. Carmel parish's work with migrants in Rancho Peñasquitos during the past 20 years, is followed by a panel and discussion. Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice Theatre.
- Thursday, February 28, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. – "Burning Bushes, Surging Seas: Global Warming and Catholic Faith", by Dr. John Hart, Professor of Christian Ethics at Boston University; Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice Theatre.
- Thursday, February 28, 12:15 - 1:30 p.m. – "Opting for the Poor: Ecological Justice," by Dr. John Hart, Professor of Christian Ethics at Boston University; University Center, Forum A&B. (video)
- Friday, November 9, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m. – "Happy 40th Anniversary Populorum Progressio: Reflections on a Papal Contribution to Humanitarian Service" by Dean William Headley, School of Peace Studies. Mother Rosalie Hill Reading Room, Copley Library.
- Wednesday, November 7, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. – "Stem Cell Research and Therapy Today: Challenges and Questions," by Dr. Daniel Sulmasy, OFM, MD, Ph.D., of St. Vincent's Hospital in New York City and New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY. Event co-sponsored with the Center for Ethics in Science and Technology. Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace & Justice Theatre.
- October 18-19 – Faculty Workshop: "Integrating CST into Your Teaching." Presented by Dr. Barbara Wall, Special Assistant to the President for Mission Effectiveness at Villanova University. This workshop introduces faculty to CST themes and provides practical methods for integrating CST into courses.
- Thursday, October 18, 12:15 - 1:45 p.m. – "The Call to Harmony With All Creation," by Dr. Barbara Wall, Special Assistant to the President for Mission Effectiveness at Villanova University; University Center, Forum B. (video)
- Thursday, October 18, 7:20 - 8:25 a.m. – Faculty/Staff Prayer Breakfast, "Unleashing the Passion for Justice," by Dr. Barbara Wall; University Center, Faculty/Staff Dining Room.
- Thursday, October 4, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. – "The Climate Crisis: True or False?" by Douglas Burton-Christie, Ph.D., founding editor of Spiritus: Journal of Christian Spirituality and associate professor, Theological Studies, Loyola Marymount University.
- Thursday, October 4, 12:15 - 2:00 p.m. – "Peace Building: Both Art and/or Science?" by Father William Headley, C.S.Sp., founding dean of the Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies. Social Issues Conference keynote address and luncheon, University Center, Forum A-B.