- Staff are usually the last to be included in decision making processes, campus committees, or hiring committees.
- SEA would like to look at exit interviews for staff members and read comment from staff members leaving the university.
- Communication to staff members should not be just by email, since not all staff members have access to email.
- Also, staff had questions about what events on campus are considered events in which they do not have to clock out. For example, many staff employees do not have to clock for the Presidents Holiday party, or the employee picnic. However, for some events hourly employees do need to clock out.
- Overall, it seemed like campus climate is an important issue for staff employees.
Recommendations/Follow Up Actions
- Consider an SEA rep to sit on the CID.
- Look into working with Human Resources about finding out how to standardize the policy about which campus events hourly employees need to clock out-because this is a campus climate issue.