Grant Aid Background:
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Grant Aid is a financial award made available to SSS participants through a grant from the US Department of Education. The amount of Grant Aid awarded is determined by need and availability of funds. Funding is available to Pell Grant recipients who are in their first or second year of post secondary education, or participants in their third year or beyond that demonstrate financial and academic need. Final eligibility is at the discretion of the SSS Director.
All SSS participants must meet the following criteria to be eligible to receive SSS Grant Aid:
- Must be Pell Grant eligible
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must demonstrate academic need
- Must be an active participant in the USD TRiO Student Support Services Program
USD Student Support Services has received grants from the people of Mexico, in 2010 and 2011, offering scholarships to students of Mexican heritage. The mission of the IME-Becas grants is to provide and improve access to higher education for income-eligible students of Mexican descent, to facilitate achievement and their education.
To qualify for an IME-Beca grant, a USD SSS student must meet each of the following criteria:
- Mexican descent (self, parent, or grandparent born in Mexico)
- Minimum GPA 3.0
- Demonstrate financial need
- An active participant in the University of San Diego Student Support Services Program