- Develop principles, policies, and procedures for allocating and reallocating space.
- Review all plans and proposals for allocating and reallocating space, such as:
◊ Transferring space between divisions or schools
◊ Changing the current use of space
◊ Proposing structural changes
◊ Reallocating vacated space
◊ Providing space for new programs or positions
◊ Planning new facilities
- Consult with areas affected by a space request to finalize a space allocation agreement; in cases when an agreement cannot be reached, make recommendations to the Executive Council for their final decision.
- Develop and maintain a space inventory.
◊ Produce reports for the President, Vice Presidents, and Deans.
◊ Request audits of space allocation as necessary to determine current usage.
◊ Undertake special studies requested by the President or the Executive Council.
- Investigate specific issues related to campus space as requested by the President or Executive Council.