Grow Great Girls
A Mother-Daughter Leadership Experience
Grow Great Girls, a mother-daughter leadership experience, is uniquely designed to build girls' personal confidence, self-esteem and social capacity.
- Discover what you value and stand for
- Develop the courage to speak up for what you believe
- Learn to navigate challenging friendships and relationships
- Learn how to create boundaries to keep yourself emotionally and physically safe
- Strengthen the bond between moms and daughters in the critical middle school and teenage years
- Develop the ability to make tough decisions and have difficult conversations
- Explore the impact of social media
"The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."~ Alice WalkerPlease contact us with any inquiries regarding sponsorship, participation, possible scholarships and more: firstname.lastname@example.org
Did you know?
- By middle school, girls are 25% less likely to say they like taking the lead
- 74% of girls say they are under pressure to please everyone else
- 1 in 4 girls today fall into clinical diagnosis - depression, eating disorders, cutting, emotional disorders, and 2 in 4 report being anxious, sleep deprived and under significant stress
- 34 women have ever served as governors, compared to 2,310 men
- 3% of Fortune 500 CEO's are women
- 1 in 3 girls does not feel that she has the "opportunity for open discussion in her classes"
- 51% of girls say they experience stereotypes that limit their right to express themselves with originality and strength
The Center for Women's Leadership (CWL) helps people and organizations better understand the issue of gender dynamics. We promote understanding and develop capacity to overcome the barriers girls and women face when exercising leadership. The CWL increases girls and women's leadership capacity by offering training and development programs and examining the complex social forces most relevant to women and leadership.
MAKING A DIFFERENCE
- Girls need to be taught it's okay to stand up for what they value.
- Girls can learn to access the courage to speak up for what they believe.
- The mother-daughter bond can be strengthened to promote open communication and positive modeling and mentorship.
- Girls need to develop the ability to make tough decisions and have difficult conversations.
- Learning how to navigate challenging friendships and relationship is a life-long skill.
WE CAN HELP. OUR UNIQUELY DESIGNED PROGRAMS:
- Build leadership capacity in girls by helping them access their authentic voice and inner courage.
- Develop the skills necessary for effective leadership.
- Strengthen girls' sense of self and confidence.
- Address issues of gender, race, and class in a way that allows for courageous conversations and collaborative connections.