13th Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium
"What Can I Do?"
Registration is now open for the 2017 Symposium - January 12-14, 2017
"WHAT CAN I DO?"
-The Blind Boys of Alabama, William Bell, Chris Goldsmith
When you're down and out and your friends are gone
When the holidays are here and you're all alone
How can I help you?
If you're hungry and homeless and need a hand,
I can pick you up, I can understand
How can I help you?
No, it doesn't matter what time of year
Just call on me and I'll be here
It could be December or the Fourth of July
Don't worry about a thing, 'cause I'll be standing by
What can I do?
Tell me, what can I do?
To help you, my friend
All I'm asking, is what can I do?
- We present the 2017 Kaleidoscope Award for Exceptional Governance followed by a frank conversation among board members and staff, who teach us how they work and what they have learned.
- Keynoter Jackie Vanderbrug, investment strategist at U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management within the Global Wealth & Investment Management division of Bank of America, shows us "How to Put Our Money Where Our Mission Is" through using a solid, high return and value-based investing system.
- And, 18 practical workshops will give you the latest best governance practices, as well as show you how to support a great board.
- Paul Shoemaker, Founding President of Social Ventures Partners International and author of What Can't Not Do discusses how to find like-minded people to support your cause.
- Hernan Luis y Prado, Founder and Executive Director, Workshops for Warriors and White House Champion of Change Award winner, offers practical ideas to "Change The World, One Warrior at a Time."
- And, between the bookends, choose among 18 opportunities to learn how to amplify your mission reach through marketing, partnership, community engagement, leadership development, and more.
- Back by popular demand, is "Do It Right from the Get-Go", two special sessions for new and small organizations on board development and fundraising.
Early Bird Pricing now through September 30, 2016
Be sure to check out the most up to date session materials on the Session Descriptions and Materials page!