13th Annual Nonprofit Governance Symposium
"What Can I Do?"
Registration is now open for the 2017 Symposium - January 12-14, 2017
"WHAT CAN I DO?"
-The Blind Boys of Alabama, William Bell, Chris Goldsmith
"What Can I Do?" is the latest in a long series of uplifting songs from the Grammy Award winning gospel group, The Blind Boys of Alabama and their producer Chris Goldsmith. The song implores people to become more involved in helping a friend, or a group, or a community, in any way they can.
Governing well is one of the most profound ways to help our communities.
And when it's exceptional, it has the biggest reach of all.
The Blind Boys and their co-writers want to be part of a movement that catalyzes more people. To this end, they gift us this anthem to use in our work here and across the country.
Join us January, 12th, 13th, and 14th, 2017, to find out how we can grow exceptional boards, engage our communities and use "What Can I Do?" to support our work.
On January 12th, Liz Shear, USD Nonprofit Symposium Director will facilitate the third annual Kaleidoscope Tour to learn from two Kaleidoscope Award winners and get a bird's eye view of what makes exceptional boards tick.
On January 13th, we feature how to grow exceptional boards:
- We present the 2017 Kaleidoscope Award for Exceptional Governance followed by a frank conversation among board members and staff, who teach us how they work and what they have learned.
- Keynoter Jackie Vanderbrug, investment strategist at U.S. Trust, Bank of America Private Wealth Management within the Global Wealth & Investment Management division of Bank of America, shows us "How to Put Our Money Where Our Mission Is" through using a solid, high return and value-based investing system.
- And, 18 practical workshops will give you the latest best governance practices, as well as show you how to support a great board.
On January 14th, we bookend our day with two exciting plenary sessions on community engagement:
- Paul Shoemaker, Founding President of Social Ventures Partners International and author of What Can't Not Do discusses how to find like-minded people to support your cause.
- Hernan Luis y Prado, Founder and Executive Director, Workshops for Warriors and White House Champion of Change Award winner, offers practical ideas to "Change The World, One Warrior at a Time."
- And, between the bookends, choose among 18 opportunities to learn how to amplify your mission reach through marketing, partnership, community engagement, leadership development, and more.
- Back by popular demand, is "Do It Right from the Get-Go", two special sessions for new and small organizations on board development and fundraising.
Early Bird Pricing now through September 30, 2016
Be sure to check out the most up to date session materials on the Session Descriptions and Materials page!
2017 Symposium Sponsors