The Leadership Institute is committed to the advancement of knowledge about leadership and leadership development via the application of empirical methods. Our team members publish in academic and professional journals as a way to share the knowledge we create.
- The Center for Creative Leadership
- Center for Public Leadership at Harvard University
- The International Leadership Association
- NTL Institute for Applied Behavioral Science
Articles related to Leadership and Groups:
- Adams, N. and Green, Z. Koans for consultants: A guide to group relations consultation for the novice in the work. Download PDF
- Gallant, T.B. and Getz, C. (2009). Facing organizational complexity and change: A case-in-point approach to leadership development. In A. Kezar (Ed.), Rethinking Leadership in a Complex, Multicultural, and Global Environment, (pp. 93-115). Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing, LLC. Download PDF
- Getz, C. (2009). Teaching leadership as exploring sacred space. Educational Action Research, 17(3), 447-461. Download PDF
- Green, Zachary and Molenkamp, René (2005). The BART system of group and organizational analysis: Boundaries, Authority, Role and Task. Download PDF
- Hayden, Charla and Molenkamp, René J. (2004). A Tavistock Primer II. In: Group Relations Reader 3. Eds. Cytrenbaum, S. and Noumair, D.Horvath, T. (2001). San Diego’s emerging leadership training conferences. The San Diego Psychologist, 10(9), 1, 4-5.
- McCallum, D. C. (2008). Exploring the implications of a hidden diversity in group relations conference learning: A developmental perspective. Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Monroe, Terri (2008). Essay: ‘Contemplation-in-Action’ Means Business to Harvard-Educated. Download PDF
- Monroe, T. (2004). Boundaries and authority. In G.R. Goethals, G.J. Sorenson, & J. MacGregor Burns (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Leadership: Vol. 1 (pp. 112-117). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Monroe, T. (2003). Key concepts that inform group relations work. San Diego, CA: The Leadership Institute. Download PDF