Small Study Group Training in the Group Relations Tradition
The Small Study Group Training is an excellent opportunity to practice group-as-a-whole consulting skills for those who have previously attended a group relations event. Participants rotate between member and consultant roles. Each participant will consult to a Small Study Group. At the end of the
The program is particularly suited for people who:
- - Want to develop their group relations skills
- - Want to learn more about the unconscious in groups
- - Are interested in group-as-a-whole methodology
- - Spends lots of time with groups, for example, consultants, clinicians, trainers, teachers, community organizers
Diane Forbes, Zachary Green, Betsy Hasegawa and René Molenkamp
All of us have extensive group relations experience in a variety of settings, nationally and internationally.
Accommodations and Transportation
Discounted Hotel Accommodations
The University of San Diego offers special discounted rates of up to 15% off at nearby hotels and resorts for your stay during the conference through our partner, Bartell Hotels. In addition to obtaining access to some of San Diego's finest hotels and resorts at significantly reduced rates, your participation in this program also helps to fund scholarships for USD students.
These hotels can be booked through our partner Bartell Hotels.
Other Hotel Options
The university also has a negotiated rate for USD travelers at the Best Western Hacienda Old Town. To make a reservation, call 800-888-1991 and ask for USD's rate.
The Hacienda is approximately 1 mile from USD. You may travel on the San Diego Trolley to the Moreno/Linda Vista station, then walk the remainder to the university, or use a cab to travel between the university and Old Town. On Friday only, there is a complimentary USD shuttle from the Old Town Transit station in the morning. Visit USD's Tram Service website for more information.
Guest Parking Regulations
Visit our parking website for more details.
Guest Parking Regulations
Guests to campus must pay to park in either the Mission Parking Structure (subject to space availability) or the West Parking Structure and West Parking Lot. Payment is required Monday through Friday between the hours of
- Tram Service - A Tram service is offered free of charge from the West Parking Structure up to
maincampus. The tram runs every 5 to 7 minutes. A complete tram schedule is available on the Tram Services Website.
- Restricted Spaces - You may not park in USD Only spaces, Tow-Away spaces, or reserved spaces.
- Posted Signs - Please read all signs posted on cones and/or barricades before parking to ensure you don't park in an area that is reserved or closed.
- Timed Spaces - Loading zones and time restricted spaces are enforced 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You may only park in these spaces/areas for the amount of time indicated in
- Metered Spaces - You may park in metered spaces for under the time allotted and must pay at the Pay Station.