The Leadership Institute brings together scholars, students and other community members to learn about current research in leadership studies through collegial monthly convenings.
Each month during the academic year (September-May) an invited faculty member gives a 30-45 minute presentation about her/his leadership research. The second half of the session is devoted to group discussion so attendees can collectively explore the ideas presented and make connections to theory, practice, and their lived experience.
Purpose of the 2015-16 Colloquia Series
- To create a community of researchers, practitioners, students and community members who learn together about cutting edge leadership theory and research
- Re-engage alumni in academic conversations
- Strengthen connections to other schools within USD
- Build relationships with other universities in the San Diego region
- Generate awareness of Leadership Studies and the USD Leadership Institute through blogs, social media, USD Vista newspaper and other outlets.
2015-16 Leadership Institute Colloquia Dates
All sessions will take place from 3:00-4:30 pm in Room 131, Mother Rosalie Hill Hall (SOLES)
Monday, September 28—Dr. Terri Monroe
Reflections on a sabbatical
Monday, October 19—Dean, Dr. Nick Ladany
Linking psychology and leadership
Monday, November 16—Veronica Garza and Maria Kelly Horsley
Institute for Entrepreneurship in Education Leadership in districts launching technology initiatives
Monday, December 14—Dr. Lorri Sulpizio
Gender and leadership: Voice and power