Oxford EDUC 504I 2018
An Introduction to International and Comparative Education Studies
The focus of this course is on comparative international education systems in elementary and secondary education. This course will allow participants to research and analyze other countries' educational systems, socio-cultural factors and language contexts. Particular attention will be placed on basic comparisons between educational systems in the US and UK. Visits to local primary and secondary schools as well as guest speakers from St. Clare's University will be included in the course.
|Application Opens||October 20, 2018 APPLY|
|Travel Dates:||June 15-23, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||Apr 20 & May 11, 2018
2:00pm - 5:00pm
|Post-Trip Session:||Jul 6, 2018
1:00pm - 4:00pm
|USD Tuition||$ 2,250|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Program Expenses||$ 950*|
Total Estimated Expense:
* Does not include return airfare. Accommodation is based on double-occupancy program sponsored accommodation.
1. To submit an application, you need a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. Take time to read and understand the electronic agreements before signing them. Print out copies of the electronic agreements for your own records.
3. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
4. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit. Students may withdraw after being registered to the course by sending an email to the Global Center. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. Tuition refunds for the program and are processed according to the same on-campus tuition refund policy establish
5. Please fill out the PARTICIPANT HEALTH INFORMATION & WELLNESS CLEARANCE QUESTIONNAIRES PRIOR TO purchasing your flight. In some cases, students may need to get authorization to travel abroad from their health care providers. If this applies to you, please make sure you see your health care provider as soon as possible and PRIOR to booking a flight!