Mondragon LEAD 535i
Models of Participatory Leadership
This intensive summer course is an opportunity for participants to be exposed first-hand to a unique organizational model of participatory leadership, management, ownership and decision making by attending lectures and visiting sites at the Mondragón Corporación Cooperativa (MCC) in Mondragón, Spain. Students will become acquainted with MCC’s unique leadership, management, educational, training, financial and human resources systems. Participants will also learn the core values that support MCC, which are based on a balance between organizational and personal needs, solidarity with each other and the community, and economic and social justice. Finally, participants will become acquainted with the institutionalized policies, processes and practices that support MCC’s economic and social success.
|Application Opens||November 15, 2017 APPLY|
|Application Closes||December 15, 2017|
|Travel Dates||June 11 - June 15, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||May 2, 2018 5:30pm-8.30pm|
|Post-session||July 13, 2018 5:30pm - 8:30pm|
|Information Session(s)||Dec 5, 2017 4:30pm MRH-129|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Program Costs||$ 1,250*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$3,850
* Airfare and lodging not included. Lodging costs for duration of program is about $350 for double occupancy.
1. To submit an application, you need: a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
3. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit.
4. When you receive confirmation that you have been accepted to the course, you need to book your own flights.