Spain EDUC 579i
Changemakers in K-12 Education: National and International
This course builds on knowledge and skills on Changemamaking that candidates have acquired through a variety of courses in the learning and teaching department. This course will explore Changemaking in K-12 in the context of Spain's educational system. Candidates will examine the Changemaker framework in light of the development of empathy, problem-solving, leadership and collaboration to achieve inclusion and social change in the classroom. Students will visit a traditional elementary school and a special education school in Madrid and compare to a Changemaker school. Students will be guided by and co-create lessons with Spanish teachers that will involve children in thinking as Changemakers and transform their world.
|Application Opens||October 20, 2017 APPLY|
|Travel Dates||Jun 2 - 10, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||Apr 13, 20, 27, 2018|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$ 1,280|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$3,880
* Airfare not included. Travel cost estimate based on double occupancy room.
1. To submit an application, you need a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. Take time to read and understand the electronic agreements before signing them. Print out copies of the electronic agreements for your own records.
3. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
4. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit. Students may withdraw after being registered to the course by sending an email to the Global Center. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. Tuition refunds for the program and are processed according to the same on-campus tuition refund policy establis
5. Please fill out the PARTICIPANT HEALTH INFORMATION & WELLNESS CLEARANCE QUESTIONNAIRES PRIOR TO purchasing your flight. In some cases, students may need to get authorization to travel abroad from their health care providers. If this applies to you, please make sure you see your health care provider as soon as possible and PRIOR to booking a flight!