Spain EDUC 579i
Changemakers in K-12 Education: National and International
This course builds on knowledge and skills on Changemamaking that candidates have acquired through a variety of courses in the learning and teaching department. This course will explore Changemaking in K-12 in the context of Spain's educational system. Candidates will examine the Changemaker framework in light of the development of empathy, problem-solving, leadership and collaboration to achieve inclusion and social change in the classroom. Students will visit a traditional elementary school and a special education school in Madrid and compare to a Changemaker school. Students will be guided by and co-create lessons with Spanish teachers that will involve children in thinking as Changemakers and transform their world.
|Application Opens||October 20, 2017 APPLY|
|Travel Dates||May 25 - Jun 2, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||Apr 13, 20, 27, 2018|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$ 1,280 or 560*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$3,880 or $3,160
* Airfare not included. Travel costs contingent on whether selecting double occupancy hotel room or home stay option.
1. To submit an application, you need: a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
3. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit.
4. When you receive confirmation that you have been accepted to the course, you need to book your own flights.