New Orleans & Philadelphia EDUC 512 and COUN 515
Historical Struggle for Educational Equity & Multicultural Counseling
Students will analyze the history of the development of the American education system and acquire theoretical knowledge regarding the social construction of education with a particular focus on issues of diversity, inequity, conflict and social justice within a school context. The U.S. educational system will be used to analyze the struggle to achieve equity and peaceful relations among all groups.
|Application Opens:||Oct 13, 2017|
|Travel Dates||Mar 24-31, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||Mar 16, 2018; 3pm-5pm
Mar 17, 2018; 9am - 1pm
|Post-session:||Apr 6; 3:pm - 5pm|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$ 785*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$3,385
* Airfare not included. Travel cost estimate based on double occupancy rate.
Course Instructors EDUC 512I:
Course Instructors COUN 515I:
1. To submit an application, you need a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. Take time to read and understand the electronic agreements before signing them. Print out copies of the electronic agreements for your own records.
3. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
4. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit. Students may withdraw after being registered to the course by sending an email to the Global Center. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. Tuition refunds for the program and are processed according to the same on-campus tuition refund policy establis
5. Please fill out the PARTICIPANT HEALTH INFORMATION & WELLNESS CLEARANCE QUESTIONNAIRES PRIOR TO purchasing your flight. In some cases, students may need to get authorization to travel abroad from their health care providers. If this applies to you, please make sure you see your health care provider as soon as possible and PRIOR to booking a flight!