N. Ireland LEAD 579i & EDUC 511i 2018
Ed Reform: Educational Systems in Post-Conflict Environments
This course pays particular attention to the role of education in perpetuating and/or ameliorating the conditions that exist in Northern Ireland. This course investigates this largely segregated society from both a historical perspective as well as from within the context of this post-conflict era.
|Application Opens||October 13, 2018 APPLY|
|Application Closes||October 27, 2018|
|Travel Dates||March 24 - 30, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||TBD (Early March)|
|Post-session||TBD (Mid April)|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$ 650*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$3,250
* Return airfare to Belfast not included. Accommodation assumes a double occupancy rate.
1. To submit an application, you need: a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
3. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit.
4. When you receive confirmation that you have been accepted to the course, you need to book your own flights.