Mexico EDUC 504i 2018
An Introduction to International and Comparative Education Studies
In this class students will explore the relationship between education, culture, and society in a global context. This course will allow participants to research and analyze other countries' educational systems, socio-cultural factors and language context of various nations. Particular attention will be placed on basic comparisons between educational systems in the US and Mexico as approximately 53% of students enrolled in K-12 classes in California are of Hispanic/Latino background. As part of the class, we will visit local primary and secondary schools, migrant shelters, and rural communities in and around Mexicali.
|Application Deadline||October 13, 2017|
|Travel Dates:||Jan 15-18, 2017|
|Pre-Trip Sessions:||Dec 1 & 8, 2017|
|Post-Trip Sessions:||Jan 26 & Feb 9, 2018|
|Global Study Fee||$350|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$3,100
* All fees, meals, accommodations and travel in Mexico are included!
* Participants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the Calexico Border Crossing
Read more about the Department of Learning and Teaching's new point system
1. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
2. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit.
3. When you receive confirmation that you have been accepted to the course, you need to book your own flights.