Japan EDUC 510i 2018
Cognition and Learning
This course encompasses a cross-cultural approach for developing a deep understanding of human cognition and learning with an emphasis on implications for educators and educational researchers. While in Tokyo, students will engage in a variety of learning activities such as Japanese lesson study, action research forum and elementary/middle school visits. Students will have first-hand experiences to learn about Japanese teaching methods/philosophy focused on the social and personal development of children. Students will also have a variety of opportunities to interact with Japanese K-12 teachers, students and university students at Waseda University. The program cost includes hotel stay in the heart of Tokyo (Shinjyuku district), daily buffet breakfast, Tokyo metropolitan train pass and a half day city tour with plenty of free time to explore the city on your own.
|Application Deadline||November 3, 2017 APPLY|
|Travel Dates||Jun 30 - July 8, 2018|
Jun 1, 5, 7, 12, 14, 15, 2018
|Post-Trip sessions||July 20, 2018|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$1,700*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$4,300
* Airfare not included. Accommodation assumes a double occupancy at program sponsored location.
1. To submit an application, you need a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. Take time to read and understand the electronic agreements before signing them. Print out copies of the electronic agreements for your own records.
3. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
4. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit. Students may withdraw after being registered to the course by sending an email to the Global Center. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. Tuition refunds for the program and are processed according to the same on-campus tuition refund policy establis
5. Please fill out the PARTICIPANT HEALTH INFORMATION & WELLNESS CLEARANCE QUESTIONNAIRES PRIOR TO purchasing your flight. In some cases, students may need to get authorization to travel abroad from their health care providers. If this applies to you, please make sure you see your health care provider as soon as possible and PRIOR to booking a flight!