Japan EDUC 510i 2018
Cognition and Learning
This course encompasses a cross-cultural approach for developing a deep understanding of human cognition and learning with an emphasis on implications for educators and educational researchers. While in Tokyo, students will engage in a variety of learning activities such as Japanese lesson study, action research forum and elementary/middle school visits. Students will have first-hand experiences to learn about Japanese teaching methods/philosophy focused on the social and personal development of children. Students will also have a variety of opportunities to interact with Japanese K-12 teachers, students and university students at Waseda University. The program cost includes hotel stay in the heart of Tokyo (Shinjyuku district), daily buffet breakfast, Tokyo metropolitan train pass and a half day city tour with plenty of free time to explore the city on your own.
|Application Deadline||November 3, 2017 APPLY|
|Travel Dates||Jun 30 - July 8, 2018|
Jun 1, 5, 7, 12, 14, 15, 2018
|Post-Trip sessions||July 20, 2018|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$1,700*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$4,300
* Airfare not included. Accommodation assumes a double occupancy at program sponsored location.
1. To begin an application, you need a current passport and contact information of two people who will serve as your emergency contacts.
2. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
3. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit.
4. When you receive confirmation that you have been accepted to the course, you need to book your own flights.