Bahamas COUN 526
This course provides an introduction to group dynamics, group theories and group work. Group counseling approaches and models, issues of group leadership, styles of leadership, and group facilitation skills will be addressed. Consideration is also given to group counseling goals, phases of group development, and research on group dynamics and group counseling. The course is organized into a seminar for intensive examination of the theory and practice of group work and group counseling and a laboratory for experiential learning related to group process. Additionally, students will get the unique opportunity to work the Bahamas Ministry of Health to help design group curriculum for parent and family groups. This is important as graduates of this program will frequently be required to create curriculum specifically designed to target the needs of their agency’s population.
|Application Opens||Nov 29, 2017 APPLY|
|Priority Deadline||Dec 6 , 2017|
|Travel Dates||June 2 - 10, 2018|
|Pre-Trip Session:||May 21-23, 2018|
|Post-session||June 18, 2018|
|Global Study Fee||$ 350|
|Estimated Travel Costs||$2,100*|
|Total Estimated Expense:||$4,700
* Airfare not included
1. To submit an application, you need a current passport (valid for six months after intended date of re-entry to the US) and the contact information for two people who will serve as your emergency contacts. You will also be able to select your housing preference.
2. Take time to read and understand the electronic agreements before signing them. Print out copies of the signed electronic agreements for your own records.
3. The estimated program costs includes accommodation, transportation for in-country program activities, some meals and program costs. Students will need to budget for some additional meals and incidental costs.
4. Upon registration, you will be billed a non-refundable $150 deposit. Students may withdraw after being registered to the course by sending an email to the Global Center. Students are responsible for all non-recoverable costs incurred by USD. Tuition refunds for the program and are processed according to the same on-campus tuition refund policy establis
5. Please fill out the PARTICIPANT HEALTH INFORMATION & WELLNESS CLEARANCE QUESTIONNAIRES PRIOR TO purchasing your flight. In some cases, students may need to get authorization to travel abroad from their health care providers. If this applies to you, please make sure you see your health care provider as soon as possible and PRIOR to booking a flight!