View our available sites (by selecting Internship Opportunities to the right) or contact USD's Career Services for additional opportunities.
Hear what students have to say about their internship experiences.
Visit our youtube playlist to view more video testimonials.
Goals of a Leadership Internship
(for Undergraduate Students registered for LEAD 388 or LEAD 398)
The course serves as an integration of theory and practice; an opportunity for participants to take what they have learned in their courses and to use this knowledge in an experiential environment. The program is designed to give you the opportunity to use your leadership knowledge and practice skills in an actual work situation. It also allows you to investigate career opportunities, and learn about your own interests and abilities. An important part of the process is to reflect critically on your experience as the semester progresses.
- Students will actively engage in their own learning. Students will participate in career exploration through informational interviewing, observation, and/or special topic research.
- Students will integrate classroom theory with professional practice. Students will develop skills to increase usefulness and improve performance.
- Students will appraise and evaluate the complexities inherent in organizations.
- Students will develop communication and interpersonal skills.
- Students will gain work experience that will assist them in working toward personal career goals.