|Job Title||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR|
|Posting Date||March 21st, 2013|
A high functioning nonprofit in the San Diego metro area is looking for an Executive Director. Casa de Amparo was founded in 1978 to intervene on behalf of abused, abandoned or neglected children and their families. Its Mission is to support those affected by, or are at risk of, child abuse and/or neglect through a range of programs and services that promote healing, growth and healthy relationships. Ninety employees and 150 volunteers are engaged in support of the organization’s service delivery. Casa de Amparo recently completed a successful $16 million capital construction project and is in new modern facilities.
This agency has a strong board and staff that places value on carrying out the Mission with the utmost integrity and “going the extra mile” to provide care and services that exceed expectations of donors, contracts and regulations. The culture is one of mutual respect, openness, unity of purpose and determination among and between the Board, Board Committees, key management and frontline staff. Full position description.
• Eight or more years senior management experience in a nonprofit social service organization
• Masters level degree in Administrative Social Work, Public Administration or alternative behavioral science from a traditional, campus-based and accredited university
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
• Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors (Mission driven and within objectives of Strategic Plan)
• Understanding of Child Welfare research, public delivery systems and issues, regulations that affect children & families
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Active fundraising experience, an understanding of nonprofit fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated appreciation for staff, solicitation/incorporation of their input
• Strong public speaking ability
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
Commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
E-mail resume to Bill Moran at the Moran Company: email@example.com.
|Location||San Diego, CA|