|Job Title||Social Worker I/II|
|Posting Date||March 6th, 2013|
The Department of Public Social Services is currently recruiting for Social Services Worker I's and Social Services Worker II's (SSW) for positions throughout Riverside County. Social Services Workers are utilized in both the Children's Services Division (CSD) and the Adult Services Division (ASD).
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
• Interviews clients to ascertain the nature of their problems and develops elementary services plans; carries out the less difficult services plans, under supervision manages less complex cases, makes referral to community resources, assist families with change in environment, or employment; maintains necessary casework records.
• Interprets public social services rules, regulations, and policies to clients and the general public when assigned.
• Attends training courses designed to further an understanding of social work processes and to increase technical competence.
• Frequently conducts field visits, away from the home office, in order to carry out service plans, observe and assess client needs, and provide information and social work services.
• Assesses client family environment in order to determine potential or imminent risk to the safety of children/adults residing in the household; when safety needs dictate, removes child from home and transports them, complying with all safety regulations, including the use of age appropriate California safety mandated equipment, when assisting with initial removal or facilitating a placement change. In the Adult Services Division; incumbents may be required to assist transporting an elderly or disabled adult to another location. This may include managing the client's necessary assistive equipment, such as a wheelchair.
• Maintains up-to-date electronic records of all aspects of client case management in a centralized database.
• Incumbents assigned to the Adult Services Division will perform evaluations/assessments of client needs for In Home Supportive Services (IHSS) Program.
• Identifies the need for, and makes referrals to, other services available to the client.
SALARY RANGE: $15.47 - $21.89 Hourly; $32,181.97 - $45,530.37 Annually
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from a recognized college in any of the following: social welfare, social or behavioral sciences, social/human services, counseling or a closely related field.
SOCIAL SERVICES WORKER II
Experience: One year of experience as an Intake Specialist in a Department of Public Social Services, OR,
Experience: One year of experience as an Employment Service Counselor I, or equivalent position, in a Department of Public Social Services.
Knowledge of: The elementary principles and techniques of interviewing clients and recording information in social casework files; public social services programs available at the state and local levels; the laws, rules, and regulations governing the operation of a public social services agency; individual, social, and environmental problems requiring the use of public and private sector community resources; the basic principles involved in the nature, growth, and development of personality and in-group processes; the general principles of public assistance policies and programs; basic computer skills.
Ability to: Work cooperatively with co-workers and the general public; analyze situations and adopt effective courses of action; obtain and recognize relevant and significant facts; apply existing laws, rules, and regulations to department operations; interpret and explain current laws, rules, and regulations of public social services programs to the public; develop skills in interviewing, case recording, and interpretation; speak and write effectively; establish and maintain client rapport; input and retrieve data from computerized system.
APPLY ONLINE AT:
If you have any questions, please contact Dean Tran (before the recruitment closing date) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.