This is a 16 hour per week position dedicated to Fund Development for our all female mentor program. Full details of the position, including salary and schedule, are included in the description. If interested, please respond directly to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter. Thank you!
Big Sister League Mentor Program
Seeking entrepreneurial, self-starter with results-oriented track record in fundraising and development of relationships. The successful candidate will join a working Board of Directors that is committed to grow the organization in mission and resource capacity.
The Fund Development Manager is responsible for developing and managing fund development strategies and activities including donor cultivation for individual giving, foundation and corporate support, special events, grant and proposal writing, and other giving opportunities.
Communications & Fundraising - 70% of time
- Continue expanding program to identify, cultivate, solicit, steward and acknowledge current and prospective high-end and major donors.
- Develop relationships in the community of potential supporters through public speaking.
- Personally solicit and steward donors through face-to-face visits, independently and with leadership staff, program staff, board members and volunteers as appropriate.
- Support board members, and other volunteers in all aspects of donor stewardship and solicitation; provide training/coaching as needed.
- Contact women’s organizations or other entities to develop their interest in our mission statement.
- Conduct the research and manage the preparation and submittal of foundation and corporate grant proposals.
- Develop and maintain a program to achieve Annual Fund goal.
- Coordinate all aspects of each direct mail solicitation or E-Blast including copy writing, production, list rental and mailing.
- Contribute to the agency communications which may include agency newsletter and website.
Recordkeeping/Database Management - 20% of time
- Maintain accurate, secure and timely records utilizing SalesForce database of all donors and potential supporters.
- Enter gifts into donor database, process acknowledgment letters and maintain donor files with correspondence updates and gift information.
Events - 10% of time
- Coordinate planning and organization of all agency special events including, but not limited to: sponsorship solicitations, auction and opportunity drawings, invitations, publicity etc.
- Assist in planning fundraising events, with the intention of raising community awareness of the program.
- Schedule and attend all event meetings, prepare reports, assign tasks, ensure follow-through is complete.
- Draft event budgets and monitor expenses.
- Provide staff support to special event committees and volunteers.
Schedule, Salary and Benefits
- Schedule is approximately 16 hours per week
- Flexible hours/days; position can be performed at program office or from home based on employee preference
- Salary is approximately $25,000 per year (or the equivalent of $62,500 if a full time position)
- Benefits not available
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two to three years fundraising experience including direct donor contact; 5 years preferred
- Proven track record of fundraising success
- Demonstrable experience with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and competency in navigating the Internet
- Excellent communication, oral and writing skills required
- Problem solving and issue resolution skills required
- Ability to work under pressure while remaining professional
- Must be detail-oriented and organized with ability to prioritize work
- Must be highly independent, have excellent time management skills and strong work ethic
- Experienced in working with fundraising software (SalesForce preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
- Sit, talk and hear
- Walk, occasionally climb stairs, use hands to type data, operate business machines, dial the telephone and reach with hands and arms
- Lift and/or move 5 lbs. and occasionally lift and /or move up to 15 lbs.
The preceding functions have been provided as the type of work performed by the employee assigned to this position. Management reserves the right to add, modify change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
This Job Description was approved by the Board of Directors of the Big Sister League Mentor Program on February 11, 2013.