For the past nine years, Invisible Children (“IC”) has been focused on achieving a permanent end to LRA violence in Central Africa through an innovative and comprehensive model. To financially support our work, we have built a constituency of millions of engaged supporters and donors who are committed to our mission. Our development model is truly unique, as the majority of our funding ($70 Million in total) comes from small donations from young people in the US and around the world.
This year, following the viral success of Kony 2012 and nearly a decade of grass roots organizing, Invisible Children is looking to enhance our development work by stewarding our constituency to become long-term financial supporters, cultivating grass tops donor relationships and engaging foundational grant makers.
As part of this work, IC is seeking a well-rounded and experienced leader to embrace this unique opportunity to build and lead a professional development operation on top of the world’s largest youth movement. The Development Director will work with our leadership team and advisory board on a Development strategy, execute fund-raising campaigns, cultivate relationships with major donors, and personally solicit donations for Invisible Children’s work.
- Design and build a comprehensive development strategy for IC
- Develop, implement and monitor progress toward short- and long-term fundraising goals
- Build a robust donor base with significant membership at all giving levels
- Cultivate and steward relationships
- Identify new funding opportunities and innovative financing models
- Actively fundraise through multiple donor channels
- Personally solicit donations from major donors
- Create and manage a Board giving program
- Build a development team and capacity
- Train the Board of Directors, Advisory Council and Executive Staff in cultivating relationships with potential donors
- Work with Communications Team to manage marketing, messaging, and communication to donors
- Fundraising: Proven success in development for a large nonprofit; experience in fundraising through multiple donor channels
- Leadership: Experience in planning, leading, managing and reporting on development projects; experience motivating and leading a successful team
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones
- Creativity: Ability to connect with a young, idealistic and creative staff in a highly innovative environment
- Communication: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling communications for fundraising
- International Experience: Preferably has some international experience and is well versed in relevant issues connected with Invisible Children’s work
- Influencing: Creates a win-win situation and responds appropriately to key stakeholders
- Collaboration: Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Relationship-Building: Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization, and externally
- Adaptability: Proven ability to grow with an organization and pinpoint changing needs as it grows
Position Details: This is a full-time position, with an immediate start date. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
Application Instructions: Please apply online at www.invisiblechildren.com/jobs.