Directors of Development
The South Dakota State University (SDSU) Foundation is seeking recommendations and nominations for three (3) dynamic and results-oriented Directors of Development to realize bold goals and implement a strategic vision for the flagship and largest higher education institution in the state of South Dakota. As a client of Gonser Gerber LLP, SDSU Foundation has asked our firm to lead these searches.
About SDSU Foundation
Located in Brookings, the fourth largest city in the state, known for its welcoming character and high quality of life, SDSU is a vibrant community of learners and researchers with an enrollment of almost 13,000 in more than 175 fields of study. In April 2013, the University will celebrate the successful completion of its six-year, $200 million campaign, "It Starts with STATE". To date, more than $220 million has been raised.
With assets that exceed $150 million and a professional staff of 27, the Foundation is expanding its development team to capitalize on the institutional momentum achieved during the campaign. The three (3) Directors of Development each will serve in one of the following areas:
• College of Education & Human Sciences view full job description
• College of Nursing view full job description
• Division of Student Affairs view full job description
Focusing on major donor solicitation and stewardship, these important positions will work closely with the Foundation's leadership as well as experienced academic and administrative leaders in each of the assigned areas. Key responsibilities will include:
• Create and implement a comprehensive major gift development plan for the assigned area.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and provide exceptional stewardship to a portfolio of 75 to 125 major donors and prospects.
• Draft and customize correspondence, proposals, and other written materials for assigned prospects.
• Authentically and energetically portray the mission of the university and assigned area.
• Emphasize giving to support scholarship funding for individual students.
The successful candidates will have a minimum of three years of effective fundraising experience, preferably in higher education; a demonstrated knowledge of major gifts and donor relations; persuasive oral and written communication skills; and a high level of personal and professional integrity. National travel, some evenings and weekends, and participation in a variety of constituent events are expected. A bachelor's degree is required.
Inquiries and Nominations
The following link will take you to the SDSU Foundation human resources page where you will find links to the three (3) positions and the employment application: http://www.sdsufoundation.org/about/employment.
If you would like to recommend candidates for this position, please send your nominations to Robert Driver at RDriver@gonsergerber.com.
Thank you for any assistant you can provide SDSU Foundation and our firm in this matter of identifying qualified candidates for these positions.
Robert D. Driver
Gonser Gerber LLP
400 East Diehl Road, Suite 380
Naperville, IL 60563