Position: Bikkur Holim Match Specialist
Position Type: Part-time (15 hours per week), non-exempt
Organization: Jewish Family Service
Responsible for conducting volunteer and client interviews that assess the appropriateness of applicants to be matched in the Bikkur Holim/Friendly Visitor program. Recruits, trains, and provides ongoing support to volunteers and clients. Ensures the provision of quality services and measurable outcomes, maintaining thorough records and supervision for each match. Develops, promotes, and implements group match activities to support ongoing volunteer involvement. Provides in-person and phone support to ongoing matches. May also deliver presentations for community groups, assisting with community outreach to recruit new mentors, and volunteer oversight. While client interviews and oversight require screening and clinical expertise, this position is not intended to offer therapeutic services. We are unable to provide clinical supervision and are seeking candidates with strong assessment skills, with an interest in working one-on-one with clients and volunteers.
• Master’s degree in Social Work or Counseling (entry-level position)
• Sound clinical judgment
• Awareness of risk factors for child abuse
• Experience working with and supporting volunteers
• Minimum 1 year experience working in a social service capacity
• Ability to be highly organized, managing multiple tasks in a short period of time
• Working knowledge of computers and competency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint, database software and internet usage
• Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with agency staff, volunteers, and community partners
• Strong communication skills
To be considered, please email your cover letter (including salary requirement) and resume to email@example.com. Please, principals only. Please, no follow-up phone calls or emails.
About Jewish Family Service of San Diego
Jewish Family Service is a comprehensive human service organization serving the entire San Diego community and Coachella Valley. The agency serves over 35,000 people annually and offers programs and services in the following areas: Adoption; Case Management; Counseling; Crisis Services; Family Violence Prevention and Support; Jewish Connections; Refugee Resettlement; Older Adult/Senior Services; Parenting, Youth & School-based Services; and Training/Education. Discover why Jewish Family Service is One Source for a Lifetime of Help at www.jfssd.org.