Careers in Education Panel
This event occurred in the past
Date and Time
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
University Center, Room 107
Have you been thinking about a career in education in the U.S. or abroad? Join us to learn more about your options and hear from a panel of USD students, faculty and alumni. We'll be discussing what it's really like to teach abroad, how you can get credentialed to teach here in California, and how graduate school prepares you to become an educator.
This event is co-sponsored by the School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES) and Career Services. SOLES offers graduate programs in education for a wide variety of careers, including:
- Teaching elementary, secondary and special education students
- Teaching in a Montessori school
- Teaching English to speakers of other languages
- Working in higher education administration or student affairs
- Counseling in school settings
- Leading schools as a principal, vice principal, superintendent or teacher leader