Senior Teaching Consultant, HKU Family Institute
- Ph.D. Candidate
Oi-ling Wong, an AAMFT Approved Supervisor, is the Senior Teaching Consultant at the HKU Family Institute.
Eminently committed to the development of family therapy in Hong Kong, Ms. Wong was instrumental for helping Dr. Wai-yung Lee establish the Institute in 2003. She is amenable for the planning and designing of the Institute’s training programs and the Master of Social Sciences in Marriage and Family Therapy Program. Ms. Wong was also involved as trainer in the project between The Minuchin Foundation on Family Therapy, Hong Kong and The Mental Health Institute of the Beijing University. She has since been conducting trainings and delivering supervision courses both locally and regionally.
Much of Ms. Wong’s research had been on child obesity in a family context and working with the larger system. A thesis for her doctoral studies titled, “Childhood obesity in a family context: An exploratory study in Hong Kong,” was passed with excellence in 2008.
Invited Workshops / Talks
- "In-service training package for Hong Chi Fanling" (August - September 2006)
- "Certificate Coures in Family Therapy (Level I & Level II)." Macau Bosco Youth Service Network's Centre, Macau. (March - June 2007)
- "Working with families with autistics and/or mentally handicapped members." The Salvation Army Rehabilitation Services. (November 2005 - July 2006).
- "Workshop on working with vulnerable families." Social Welfare Department. (January 2005).
- "Workshop on Working with Families in Crisis." Social Welfare Department. (2005).