CEP and State Awards Program
The staff at the Character Development Center is pleased to announce that the Center has assumed responsibilities for administering the California State Schools of Character (CSSOC) Awards.
The purpose of Character Education Partnership’s State Schools of Character (SSOC) is to recognize exemplary programs at the state level that serves as a preliminary step to the National Schools of Character competition.
The Center’s responsibilities include the following:
- Announce/advertise, with support from CEP, the CSSOC Award opportunity to public and private schools in California, using the same criteria for the national awards.
- Set the same application deadlines that are in place for the national awards competition.
- Screen applications and select finalists for the CSSOC Awards.
- Send at least one of the CSSOC finalists’ applications to CEP’s national competition.
- Host the CSSOC finalist celebration and recognition at some appropriate event.
- Be responsible for all record keeping.
- With CEP’s assistance CDC will endeavor to secure funding to carry out the CSSOC Awards program for future years.
For information about national awards see: http://www.character.org/