20th Annual Character Matters Conference
Thursday, June 23 - Friday, June 24, 2016
Mother Rosalie Hill Hall, School of Leadership and Education Sciences, University of San Diego
- Dr. Michele Borba, Psychologist and Author: UnSelfie: the Surprising Role of Empathy
- Dr. Thomas Lickona, Professor and Author: Raising Children, Educating for Character
Who Should Attend the Conference
- Teachers from in all grades and all subject areas
- School-based administrators, counselors and instructional supervisors
- Social workers, coaches, parents and caregivers
- College and university instructors of educational methods courses
- District office curriculum specialists and staff developers
- Staff from regional service agencies and state or provincial departments of education
- Undergraduate and graduate students in teacher-preparation programs.
Meet Your Moderator: Patricia (Paty) Meacham is undergraduate and graduate adjunct instructor for USD’s Learning and Teaching Department and Character Development Center (CDC). She holds a California teaching credential in mathematics and economics. She is a USD holder of the Specialist Certificate of Character Education Development. Paty taught mathematic subjects to middle and high school students before turning her full-time attention to higher education instruction. Her work at USD includes assisting CDC Director, Dr. Ed DeRoche with new course development, coordinating projects, developing programs, and supporting community partnership. Her areas of interests include museum education, play and informal learning, character based classroom management, social-emotional learning, professional and continuing education, online learning and teaching.
Lodging and Accommodation
Hilton Garden Inn
4200 Taylor Street, San Diego, California 92108
Reserve your room online or reserve your room via phone: 1-844-512-0924 and reference USD Character or Group Code CD5
We value you as a character educator of children and young people. We value your time and talent and the choices you make to enhance your professional development.
**University of San Diego offers graduate level extension credits in semester hours for conference participants. Register here for credit. Attendees also need to register for the conference separately.
Opportunity: Are you an educator with students ages 11-13? Dr. Tom Lickona and his partner Dr. Peter Hart are looking for participants for a literature-based character education project in fall 2016.
Questions/Inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-260-2250