Mobile Technology Certificate Program
Teachers and administrators learn how to transform their instructional practices and better the student learning experiences through the incorporation of mobile technology. Educators who complete the program will be ahead of the learning curve in the 21st century school setting. The program consists of four fully online courses: (1) Digital Literacy for Teachers and Leaders, (2) Social Media for Teaching and Learning, (3) Student-Centered Learning with Mobile Technology, and (4) Leadership of Digital Environments. Upon completion of the program, certificate holders will have everything they need to plan, deliver and assess a mobile technology learning environment.
Two months for each two-unit course (four courses total).
Who Should Enroll
K-12 teachers and administrators interested in learning how to plan and implement a mobile technology learning program. This program will provide everything you need to plan, deliver and assess a mobile technology learning environment.
All four courses are delivered in the Online Fixed-Date format.
- Technology Devices: explore ways existing and emerging technologies, such as, iPads, iPods, smart phones, Netbooks, and e-readers are becoming learning tools and how they can be integrated into the classroom
- Digital Literacy: participants will be provided strategies and techniques to lead the school community to effective integration of mobile technology tools
- Use of Digital Data: participants will be provided tools and resources to locate, organize, understand, evaluate and analyze information using digital technology
- Social Media: participants will be provided tools and resources to develop the school community’s ability to utilize social media to transform teaching and learning experiences
- Student Learning Experiences: participants will be provided strategies and techniques to create and support meaningful student-directed learning experiences using mobile technology
- Collaboration: participants will be provided strategies and techniques to lead the development of collaboration, communication and co-creation of content in the school community
- Leadership of Digital Environments: Develop capacity to deploy, manage, and lead all aspects of mobile technology integration into the school community