This training prepares school superintendents, school principals, teacher leaders and technology professionals to implement effective uses of mobile technology in the classroom with a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program. Upon completion of the training, leaders will have the tools needed to implement an effective, large-scale BYOD program that maximizes student productivity and achievement.
Who Should Enroll
Educational leaders at all levels within the school system that are committed to implementing an effective, large-scale BYOD mobile technology program.
- Up to 50 participants from specific regions across the nation at each event
- Delivered via an interactive session with coaching/consulting at the district site available
- Hands on, case study style using scenarios and data that superintendents bring with them and using technology devices
- Scheduled monthly virtual visits
- Cohort collaboration programs enabling superintendents to communicate and collaborate with their peers, advisors, and mentors.
- Why BYOD?
- Key Factors: Key success factors in planning a BYOD initiative
- Strategies: Effective strategies for gaining student, parent and administrator support
- Requirements: Training requirements needed to implement a BYOD program
- Devices: Major devices that are available today and the capabilities that exist to support different types of instructional content and assessment systems
- Infrastructure: Planning steps your school system should take to examine your IT Infrastructure for managing new bandwidth demands
- Security: Steps to protect the security of the school's network
- Acceptable Use Policies
- Instruction: Instructional content and recommendations
- Implementation: Successful BYOD implementation across the US