Learn how mobile technologies can facilitate teaching and learning in your school or district from the comfort of your home. The Division of Professional and Continuing Education, in collaboration with USD's School of Leadership and Education Sciences-Mobile Technology Learning Center (MTLC), offers a unique online program that equips teachers and school leaders with the skills needed to be effective educators in a mobile technology learning environment. Explore ways, existing and emerging technologies, such as, iPads, iPods, cell phones, Netbooks, and e-readers are becoming learning tools and how they can be integrated into the classroom.
USD’s Mobile Technology Learning Center and the Division of Professional and Continuing Education will offer a career-enhancing MTLC certificate course designed for K-12 educators and administrators. This certification program will be offered as an on-line course.
Build your ability to stay "ahead of the learning curve" in your classroom, school or district. The certificate program includes the professional development you need to:
- Integrate mobile technology tools into the student learning experience
- Locate, organize, understand, evaluate and analyze information using digital technology
- Use social media to foster communications
- Create and support meaningful student-directed learning experiences
- Employ a variety of tools for data analysis, collaboration, communication and co-creation of content
- Develop capacity to deploy and manage all aspects of mobile technology