ELDA Summer Institute
In 2014, ELDA is pleased to offer a Summer Institute designed specifically for Assistant and Vice-Principals in public, private and charter schools.
The 2014 ELDA Summer Institute comes at a critical time in California education, as many counties and districts are experiencing large numbers of retirements. The need for immediate training of assistant principals to move into principal positions has never been greater. The Summer Institute will offer learning experiences designed to prepare future principals by exposing participants to cutting-edge research in school leadership and management, at both the strategic and operational levels. This will enable our future principals to impact school learning environments and student achievement, enhancing their leadership during the transition to Common Core and 21st Century standards.
During the Summer Institute, current authors and researchers in related leadership and technology fields will be featured, including researchers from the Mobile Technology Learning Center (MTLC) and the Center for Education Policy and Law (CEPAL). Speaker sessions and workshops will be highly interactive and participatory, including topics and objectives such as:
- Developing and enhancing a leadership voice
- What is the principalship really like?
- Enhancing communication skills with all groups in the educational community
- Accessing, analyzing and using data to improve student achievement
- The rise of mobile technology and social networking in education
- Decision-making at the school site level - managing budget and human resources
- The changing role of the educator, from deliverer of information to designer of powerful learning experiences
- How do I get that first job?
The Institute will be held August 6 & 7, 2014 in the School of Leadership and Education Sciences, Mother Rosalie Hill Hall.
Registration for the ELDA Summer Institute will open in April 2014. The cost of $399 per attendee will cover meals, institute speaker sessions and workshops, and materials.
For any questions or additional information, please contact JoAnn Minor at 619-260-8839 or email@example.com.
We would like to thank our sponsors: