Character Matters Summer Conference
19th Annual Character Matters Conference
Thursday, June 25 - Friday, June 26, 2015
School of Leadership and Education Sciences, Mother Rosalie Hill Hall
EDUCATING HEARTS & MINDS: SKILLS FOR LIFE
Common Core Standards plus Social Emotional Intelligence
• CHARACTER • LEADERSHIP • SERVICE
Educators attending this Conference will learn how to:
- maximize students’ engagement and accomplishments.
- use the Common Core Standards to teach students such character strengths as grit, perseverance, and other positive behavior traits.
- gather resources that will help “connect” the Common Core Standards with a teacher’s role nurturing the positive behaviors of students.
- network with colleagues to ask questions and find answers that help implement effective instructional strategies
- create a classroom climate that support student inquiry and positive behaviors.
Registration and Fees
- Individual Registration: $200
- Group Registration: $125*
- Student Registration: $75**
*$125 per individual for schools sending two (2) or more educators
** 75 per student, Student ID Required
- No Onsite Registration will be available.
- Conference registration includes: morning snacks, lunch and character education resources.
- Please check the website periodically for conference updates.
We value you as a character educator of children and young people. We value your time and talent and the choices you make to enhance your professional development.
Questions/Inquiries: email@example.com or 619-260-2250