19th Annual Character Matters Conference
Thursday, June 25 - Friday, June 26, 2015
School of Leadership and Education Sciences, Mother Rosalie Hill Hall
Educating Hearts and Minds: Skills for Life
Common Core Standards plus Social Emotional Intelligence
• Character• Leadership • Service •
- Neville Billimoria, SVP Membership/ Marketing and Chief Advocacy Officer at Mission Federal Credit Union
- Hal Urban, Teacher-Author: Lessons from The Classroom & 20 Gifts of Life
- Deann Jeffreys, Executive Director, Pupil Services and Instruction, Chula Vista Elementary School District
Educators attending this Conference will learn how to:
- Maximize students’ engagement and accomplishments.
- Use the Common Core Standards to teach students such character strengths as grit, perseverance, and other positive behavior traits.
- Gather resources that will help “connect” the Common Core Standards with a teacher’s role nurturing the positive behaviors of students.
- Network with colleagues to ask questions and find answers that help implement effective instructional strategies
- Create a classroom climate that support student inquiry and positive behaviors.
Who Should Attend the Conference
- Teachers from in all grades and all subject areas
- School-based administrators, counselors, and instructional supervisors
- Social workers, coaches, parents, caregivers
- College and university instructors of educational methods courses
- District office curriculum specialists and staff developers
- Staff from regional service agencies and state or provincial departments of education
- Undergraduate and graduate students in teacher-preparation programs.
Registration and Fees
- Individual Registration: $200
- Group Registration: $125*
- Student Registration: $75**
*$125 per individual for schools sending two (2) or more educators
** 75 per student, Student ID Required
- No onsite registration will be available.
- Conference registration includes: morning snacks, lunch and character education resources.
- Please check the website periodically for conference updates.
We value you as a character educator of children and young people. We value your time and talent and the choices you make to enhance your professional development.
Questions/Inquiries: email@example.com or 619-260-2250