Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research
The Caster Family Center for Nonprofit and Philanthropic Research is part of the Institute for Nonprofit Education and Research. The mission of the Caster Center is to provide research, evaluation and consulting services that benchmark the nonprofit sector and build the capacity of nonprofits and philanthropies.
The State of Nonprofits Quarterly Index is San Diego’s only index charting the economic health of local area nonprofits. We invite all nonprofit leaders to become a Nonprofit Economic Trend Reporter for the State of Nonprofits Quarterly Index.
The Caster Center offers an online assessment that helps nonprofits measure and benchmark the ethical climate of the organization.
Among its services, the Caster Center:
- Offers access to and analysis of various types of nonprofit data
- Conducts studies and research on the sector
- Analyzes funding, public policy, and environmental trends affecting the nonprofit sector
- Provides program evaluation, needs assessments, and research services to nonprofit organizations on a fee-for-service basis
- Maintains databases on San Diego County’s 9,000+ public charities as well as private and community foundations