Professional Administrative Services Credential
New Leaders Program
Department of Leadership Studies
Please note that this program is currently not enrolling students at this time.
Our New Leaders Tier II program is designed for PK-12 school administrators seeking to advance their careers in educational leadership. Candidates must hold a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.
Upon successful completion, students are eligible to apply to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing for the Professional Administrative Services Credential, and may apply selected credential coursework toward a Master of Arts or PhD in Leadership Studies with a specialization in PK-12 School Leadership.
- Count selected credential coursework toward a MA or PhD in Leadership Studies with a specialization in PK-12 School Leadership from the University of San Diego
- Competitive, deeply discounted tuition
- Cohort model fosters collaborative learning, support and networking
- Virtual mentorship connections with a network of principals abroad for dialogue on international issues in educational leadership
- Personalized mentorship placements with outstanding local mentor principals
- Professional development and networking for students and alumni through summer institutes, Spotlight on Education speaker series, and ELDA forums for school leaders
- Access to cutting edge research through our Jacob's Institute for Innovation in Education and Leadership Institute
What can I do with this degree?
Graduates of this program are prepared to advance in leadership positions in K-12 school administration, such as principal, vice principal or superintendent.
Who should apply?
Applicants should have a minimum of two years of full-time administrative experience in a school and hold a Preliminary Administrative Services Credential.