Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Aspiring Leaders Program
Department of Leadership Studies
Please note this program is not accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. If you are interested in applying to this program for a future term, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the interest list.
Our Aspiring Leaders Tier I program is designed to prepare exceptional teachers and school counselors for leadership roles in today's public and private schools. With a focus on instructional leadership and project-based learning, our program transforms professional educators into outstanding principals and school leaders. The program combines university coursework, relevant fieldwork and professional development, and apprenticeship to an exemplary principal through two years of part-time, cohort-based study.
Upon successful completion, candidates are eligible to apply to the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential, and may apply some credential coursework toward a Master of Arts in Leadership Studies.
What can I do with this degree?
Who should apply?
- Competitive, deeply discounted tuition
- Personalized apprenticeship placements with outstanding local mentor principals
- Innovative use of educational technology, including iPads issued to each new student for use during the two-year course of study
- Some credential coursework can be counted toward an MA in Leadership Studies from the University of San Diego
- Cohort model fosters collaborative learning, support and networking
- Connections with a network of principals and school leaders abroad for dialogue on international issues in educational leadership
- Ongoing professional development and networking for students and alumni through summer institutes, Spotlight on Education speaker series, and ELDA forums for school leaders
- Access to cutting edge research through our Institute for Entrepreneurship in Education and Leadership Institute
- Training in conducting Teacher Performance Assessment (edTPA)