Graduate Nonprofit Leadership and Management Certificate
Department of Leadership Studies
Program of Study
Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Certification is only open to current graduate degree students and alumni of the Department of Leadership Studies. Students wishing to be add the certificate to their course of study must complete the following:
- LEAD 501 Capstone course on Nonprofit Management
- Completion of 3-4 units of nonprofit competency areas (which are a part of the MA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management program coursework).
- Competency areas of study include: Nonprofit Fundamentals, Ethics, Volunteer Management/Board Development, Fundraising and Resource Development, Finance, Management, and Marketing.
- Minimum of 300 hours of work in a nonprofit organization (this may be professional work experience or volunteer work)
- Attendance at the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance Institute or an equivalent professional development meeting (i.e. AFP national meetings, AMA Cause Marketing Conference, etc.)
- Personal essay on leadership in nonprofit organizations (guidelines provided by the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance)