The School of Leadership and Education Sciences and the University of San Diego recognize and value the distinction provided by programs which reach national accreditation standards.
The University of San Diego School of Leadership and Education Sciences holds the following state and national accreditations:
All Educator Preparation Programs offered by the School of Leadership and Education Sciences are recognized by CAEP as legacy accredited programs through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) since 2005. This accreditation covers the following programs:
- Master's Credential Cohort Program: Elementary Education
- Master's Credential Cohort Program: Secondary Education
- Master's Credential Cohort Program: Special Education
- MEd in TESOL, Literacy and Culture
- Master's of Education (MEd online format)
- Preliminary Education Specialist Credential
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential
- Preliminary Single Subject Credential
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential
Both the Clinical Mental Health Counseling and the School Counseling specializations at the School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES) at the University of San Diego are separately and distinctly accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). The School Counseling accreditation has been in place since 2008, and Clinical Mental Health Counseling received their accreditation in 2015.
The following programs are accredited by the California Commission of Teacher Credentialing:
- Multiple Subject Credential Program
- Single Subject Credential Program
- Special Education Credential Programs (Mild/Moderate)
- Preliminary Administrative Services Credential Program
- Pupil Personnel Services Credential Program
The Marital and Family Therapy Program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Marriage and Family Therapy Education since 1992.
The Special Education Program in SOLES is nationally recognized by The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
The University of San Diego is accredited by the Western Association and Schools and Colleges.