Important Note: These policies and guidelines are subject to change without notice. View this as a PDF document.
Hours of Operation
Mother Rosalie Hill Hall is open and available for events Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. Evening and weekend events are approved on a case-by-case basis and many incur additional costs.
To reserve space for an event or meeting at Mother Rosalie Hill Hall, please visit our Reserve a Space web page.
Please contact the event scheduler for a quote of your event.
To confirm and guarantee reservations, the University must receive a deposit from the Sponsor in the amount set forth and by the date set forth on the contract. The amount of the non-refundable deposit will be determined by the University and will be noted on the rental agreement. The deposit will be credited toward the final billing. If the Sponsor fails to submit the required deposit, the University is not required to and cannot guarantee the reservation.
General Operating Guidelines
The person signing the rental agreement is designated as the “responsible sponsor” and the primary contact. As the responsible sponsor, he/she:
- Functions as the representative of the group and as he/she must be present and remain on site until the event is completed. This includes staying until all guests and/or outside contracted vendors have left the building (i.e. entertainers, speakers, photographers, musicians, etc.)
- Is responsible for any and all damage incurred to the building and its furnishings at the time of the event.
- Is responsible for insuring that invited guests conform to an appropriate standard of personal appearance and attire when attending events at MRH. Shoes and shirts are required at all events.
In order for an event to be confirmed as a co-sponsored event it must meet the University co-sponsorship criteria and guidelines. In addition, a co-sponsorship application will need to be completed and submitted. For the criteria/guidelines and to complete the form please visit the University Co-Sponsorship Form and Approval Process website.
- During normal business hours, the School of Leadership and Education Sciences (SOLES) Event Scheduler will be on-site at Mother Rosalie Hill Hall to assist with and serve as a point of contact for the Responsible Sponsor and guests.
- Outside of normal business hours (before 8:30am and after 5:00pm weekdays and/or weekends) the SOLES Event Scheduler will not be on-site to assist. It is the responsibility of the Responsible Sponsor to receive the necessary AV training and have any questions or concerns cleared during weekday business hours. A university faculty/staff member is required to be present during the event in observation
As determined by the Event Scheduler, a faculty/staff member may not be required at the event. This includes any, or all of the following factors:
- Expected headcount is maximum 15 guests.
- Alcohol is not being served.
- The event does not require audiovisual technical assistance.
- Food and drink are not being provided to guests.
- The Sponsor elects to handle set-up and break-down of rental space.
- The event is scheduled during normal business hours.
Building/Room Access and Lock-up
The Responsible Sponsor may access the rental space for set-up or other event preparations up to one (1) hour before the official event time and will have one (1) hour for clean up after the event, which are included in the reserved rental period. If additional time is needed for set-up, please contact the Event Scheduler. Additional hourly charges may be incurred.
- Unlocked/Locked Doors- In the case that the building/rental spaces are locked when you arrive, you may contact Public Safety at (619) 260-7777 to unlock the building. At the end of your event, and after all your guests and vendors have vacated the building please contact Public Safety to inform them that your event has ended, and to lock up the building.
Set-up, Strike, and Clean-up
Set-up requests and special accommodations must be made by the Responsible Sponsor and confirmed 14 days prior to the event by the Event Scheduler. Any change or cancellation from the original request requires at least 10 days advance notice to ensure proper set-up.
If the Responsible Sponsor changes classroom set-ups or moves furniture, furnishings must be returned to the original condition and to the original designated areas.
The School of Leadership and Education Sciences will not be responsible for any items remaining on the premises or any lost or stolen items, belonging to the Sponsor and/or any third parties.
- Set-up Requirements- Doorways must not be obstructed. Standing on tables, or chairs is prohibited. Extension cords must be taped down.
- Decorations- Props, floral arrangements, and weighted helium balloons are welcome and must be freestanding from the floor, or on a table. No staples, tacks, nails, or tape may be used to decorate Mother Rosalie Hill Hall. No glitter or any type of confetti is allowed. Candles must sit on a glass or metal container and be enclosed in glass, extending 3” above the flame. Open flames are prohibited inside and outside of Mother Rosalie Hill Hall in accordance with state fire regulations.
- Vendors and Suppliers- The Sponsor must submit a list of all contracted vendors and suppliers to the Event Scheduler no less them ten (10) days prior to the event.
- Deliveries/Pick-ups- Deliveries and pick-ups of contracted equipment and furnishings must be coordinated no less than ten (10) days with the Event Scheduler. The Sponsor may list the Event Scheduler as the on-site contact to sign off on deliveries. Any an all deliveries and pick-ups must take place on the day of the event during the designated set-up time. If a delivery or pick-up cannot be made within the designated set-up/clean-up time, please contact the Event Scheduler to make other arrangements. The Event Scheduler or Audio Visual Technician will not be responsible for assisting in loading, lifting, or carrying equipment.
The Sponsor agrees to be responsible for the proper care of the University’s premises and property that are used or accessed in connection with the agreement and the Sponsor’s event, and to restore them to their condition as of the date the Sponsor entered or used the premises or property. The University will bill the Sponsor for any damage or repairs to the University’s premises or property that are caused by the Sponsor or any person who was on or using the premises or property under the Sponsor’s direction or participating in the Sponsor’s event. Any such charges shall be due and payable by the sponsor to the University within ten (10) days of the Sponsor’s receipt of the bill from the University.
Audio/Visual Equipment Rental
For AV needs, arrangements can be made for non-academic or off-campus groups to rent audiovisual equipment for events held at the University. Please visit http://www.sandiego.edu/its/ims/, or speak with the Audio Visual Technician about your requests. The Audio Visual Technician can be reached at (619) 260-7576.
Guest parking permits are required Monday-Friday (6:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.), and are obtained at the campus entry kiosks or at the Parking Services Office located in the University Center, room 102. They are open 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday or can be reached at (619) 260-4518 or email@example.com.
The University of San Diego (USD) Banquets & Catering is the exclusive caterer. Policies, pricing, and menus are available online at http://www.sandiego.edu/catering/, or by calling (619) 260-4560.
Smoking is prohibited in all University residence halls, classrooms, meeting facilities, and dining rooms. Guests who choose to smoke must maintain a distance of at least 20 feet from any opening to University building, including doorways, operable windows, and vents to those buildings. All over provisions of the University’s Tobacco Policy shall apply.
No pets or animals are allowed on the premises at any time unless authorized by center staff or in the capacity of assisting the handicapped.
Children 12 and under must be supervised at all times by parents or guardians while on the premise.
All publicity for the event shall in no way infer that the University of San Diego, or Mother Rosalie Hill Hall is sponsoring or supporting the event, unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. All event related materials would clearly state the sponsoring organization’s full name and only refer to the University as the location of the event.
Insurance/Liability Requirement-Commercial General Liability
Each vendor shall supply a Certificate of Insurance showing evidence or commercial general liability coverage with a limit of at least $1,000,000 combined single limit per occurrence. The Certificate shall have an endorsement attached naming the University of San Diego as an additional insured. The additional insured endorsement must be attached to the Certificate and have primary and non-contributory wording. Endorsements shall be on CG20 10 [11 85] forms or equivalent (CG 20 10 [07 04] plus CG 20 37 [10 01]) when applicable. Endorsements that limit or exclude coverage will need to be attached to the Certificate. Certificates should be sent to:
University of San Diego
Mother Rosalie Hill Hall
Attn: Carmen McBride
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
All certificates must be in our office with bids, and prior to any work, event or activity being commenced. Failure to supply the required insurance coverage will cause removal of the vendor from the premises, and withholding of any payments.