At A Glance
- Fall Move Out: 24 hours after your last final or Wednesday, December 21st at noon (whichever comes earlier)
- Intersession Move In: Monday, January 2nd at 10am.
- Intersession Move Out: Monday, January 23rd at 12PM. If you have a final scheduled for that same day you need to provide a copy of your schedule to the Housing Office to extend your check out until 8PM on Monday, January 23rd.
- Returning Student Spring Move In: Monday, January 23rd at 10am.
- New First Year and Transfer Student Spring Move In begins: Monday, January 23rd at 10AM. Please note that New Student Orientation will begin on the evening of Tuesday, January 24th.
- New International Student Spring Move In: Friday, January 20th at 10AM. Please note that International Orientation will begin on Tuesday, January 24th.
Any resident that is requesting housing during intersession must submit an Intersession Housing Application, which will be available Thursday, November 3. You do not need to be taking courses or working on campus to be considered for on-campus housing during intersession. However, you must be a student in good standing through student conduct and be registered for spring classes.
If you are living in a “continuous housing” area (Manchester Village, University Terrace Apartments, Presidio Terrace Apartments, or San Antonio De Padua Apartments-non-freshman status residents only), you do not need to complete this application. However, you do need to notify Resident Staff of your occupancy dates during Christmas break and Intersession. Your RA or CD will provide you more information on how to do this.
Check-in will begin at 10 A.M. on Monday, January 2, 2017. Please visit Missions Crossroads to activate your ID and gain access to your space. All 2017 spring semester on-campus students who also reside on campus during Intersession may remain in their rooms through the start of spring semester classes on Thursday, January 26, 2017. Students not returning for the spring semester must check out by 12PM on Monday, January 23, 2017 unless you have a final scheduled on that same Friday, then you are permitted to check out at 8PM on Monday, January 23. *Please provide proof of your final date if you need to stay past 12PM* to email@example.com.
Sign Up Process
The online Intersession housing application will be available Thursday, November 3. To sign up for Intersession 2017 on-campus housing, please complete the following steps, no less than five business days prior to your arrival, to avoid a $65 late registration fee. Any application for a January 2nd or 3rd arrival date needs to be submitted by 5PM on Thursday, December 15th to avoid the $65 late fee: The Residential Life - Central Office will be closed for the holiday break on December 23rd and will reopen on Tuesday, January 3rd at 8:30am.
1. Fill out the online application when it becomes available on Thursday, November 3.
2. Please note the following:
Only students who are not on University Probation or Housing Probation will be allowed to live on campus during intersession unless they are enrolled in courses at USD. Living on campus during intersession is a privilege. If a student is referred to the student conduct office during intersession, removal from campus housing during intersession will be a likely outcome.
There will be a limited number of dining options on campus. Please see the dining website for more information http://www.sandiego.edu/dining/
All applications must be submitted no less than five business days prior to your arrival to avoid a $65 late registration fee. The Residential Life - Central Office will be closed for the holiday break on December 23rd and will reopen on January 3rd at 8:30am. Any application for a January 2nd or 3rd arrival date needs to be submitted by 5PM on Thursday, December 15th to avoid the $65 late fee.
Intersession fees will be based on your occupancy type. Each student will be charged $35 per night for a multiple and $43 per night for a single or $400 for the full intersession (whichever is least expensive for the resident). Intersession housing fees will be automatically assessed to your student account based on your requested dates through your application.