Official, Unofficial & e-Transcripts
The Office of the Registrar holds records for those students who attend or attended courses on campus. These credit courses are undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs. Current USD students can now order official and unofficial transcripts online through your MySanDiego portal.
*If you attended online certifications such as, teaching credential, CLAD and all extension or off-campus courses please visit the Office of Professional and Continuing Education website for information on how to obtain your official transcript or you may contact the Continuing Education office at 619-260-4585.
*Alumni and former students, who do not have access to the MySanDiego portal,can now request transcripts on the website by creating an online account.
Student must be in good financial standing otherwise your order may be delayed or returned.
- Hard copy official transcript via standard mail: $10.00
- e-Transcript: $10.00
- Same day rush: $20.00 – must be paid at the OneStop office
- Overnight mail via FedEx service: an additional $20.00 for domestic and $40.00 for international. Please note FedEx will not ship to PO boxes.
- Via the web – Available for students who attended undergraduate, graduate and doctoral coursework on main campus. Not available for Paralegal or Continuing Education students.
Payment for your hard copy paper transcript or e-Transcript, including optional FedEx delivery is via a major credit card. Currently, e-Transcript(s) are only available for students enrolled from Fall 1998 to present.
- By Mail – Complete Transcript Request Form along with a check or money order (No Credit Cards) payment to:
University of San Diego
Attn: Student Financial Services
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
- In person - One Stop Student Center, UC 126
- No fax request for official transcript(s).
- Pick up – One Stop Student Center, located in UC 126 after 11 a.m. the next working day after transcript is ordered.
- By Mail – Turnaround time for these transcripts is 3-4 working days from the time the request is received. If you need rush service on mailed transcript orders, please attached a prepaid FedEx, UPS or USPS envelope.
- Same day rush pick up – Process will take at least 2 hours and payment must be made at the OneStop office by 3:00 p.m.
- Same day rush mail – Payment must be made by 12:00 p.m.
- e-Transcript – Available only to students who have attended since Fall 1998 and are requested online.
There is no fee for this request. Current students can now view and print unofficial transcript through the MySanDiego portal.
To request an unofficial transcript via fax (619-260-4649) or email please complete the Transcript Request Form.
By mail – please complete the same Transcript Request Form and mail to:University of San Diego
Attn: Registrar's Office
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
1. What is an e-Transcript?
USD e-Transcript is a digitally converted or PDF document of your official transcript.
2. Is it secure?
Yes, once ordered you will receive a separate key to enter before you can download your transcript.
3. I am an Alumni/former USD student, can I order e-Transcript?
If you have been enrolled after Fall 1998 and succeeding then you can request an e-Transcript.
4. I created an account but I am not able to order?
You will receive two emails, one confirming your new account has been created and another one from the Registrar's Office that your account is ready for you to place a new order.
5. How can I view/print my e-Transcript?
You must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- For PC/Windows users: print the PDF as an image. To do so go to 'File', choose 'Print' and on the top right click on 'Advanced' button and select 'Print as an image', then hit 'OK' to print.
- For MAC/Apple users: please use Firefox as your browser before you download the file. It does not work on Safari and Google Chrome.
- If you are using a MAC/Apple, please use the attached instruction.
6. How long can I view/print my e-Transcript?
e-Transcripts are only available for 30 days after they are issued, not when first downloaded. You only have 3 download attempts and after that it will expire.
7. Can I forward my e-Transcript?
No, the e-transcript is transmitted electronically to the recipient only.
8. Can I request my e-Transcript to be forwarded to another email address?
Yes, as long as your e- Transcript order is active and has not expired before we can make the change. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and list your order number, the new recipient's email address, your name and ID#.
9. How will I know if my e-Transcript has been viewed?
You will receive an email informing you that the transcript has been received and viewed.
10. Can I attach another form along with the e-Transcript?
Yes, there is an option for attachment of file before you complete the order.
11. I am a current student and tried to order online but the page will not load from MySanDiego?
You must disable your pop-up blocker. The site will open on a new page to the Online-ordering page.