Building on previous academic redesigns completed during the 2007-2009 calendar years, the redesign of the main USD website will bring improvements to our core site's visual design, structure, navigation, and content.
The redesign project has several key goals:
- Make the site a user-friendly and informational tool for USD's primary web audience—prospective students—while serving the needs of current students and members of the community.
- Highlight student, faculty, and alumni accomplishments in a way that ties back to USD's mission and core values.
- User-centric, rather than organization-driven, information architecture and navigation.
- Inclusion of interactive media such as video for a richer glimpse into the campus community.
- Cohesive and appealing new visual design incorporating USD branding standards.
- Improved functionality (coding/programming) resulting in a faster and more streamlined user experience.
- Updated technical design to comply with current technology standards.
- Simplification of maintenance using USD's Content Management System (Cascade Server).
- Shift to a responsive design framework so the website is viewable on any number of platforms including computers, tablets, and mobile devices of varying sizes.