Certificate in Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development
Enhance Your Understanding of How Real Estate Deals are Financed and Structured
The University of San Diego’s Burnham-Moores Center for Real Estate in collaboration with the Office of Professional and Continuing Education has developed this certificate program designed especially for real estate, finance and development industry professionals who want to expand their practical knowledge base and learn today's most cutting-edge real estate best practices.
Classes begin monthly and can be taken on a course-by course basis or within a prescribed curriculum to earn the University of San Diego Certificate in Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development. The certificate is designed to provide top competitive skills in the financing, developing, managing, marketing, and selling of a commercial real estate project. Additionally, students will explore the legal, entitlement, and environmental aspects as well as other important elements of development and project management. Students will gain the educational knowledge to compete in today's changing market.
Upon completion of the program students will have . . .
- Gained practical knowledge of today's most cutting-edge best practices
- Developed competitive skills in identifying sources of capital and other financing vehicles
- Learned the intricacies of real estate investment and analysis
- Examined the legal aspects as well as other important elements of development and project management
- Identified real estate development strategies that are necessary to compete in today's changing market
- Examined the mandated, complex and time-consuming processes involved in every land use decision, including clarification of the entitlement, environmental impact and permitting procedures
Who should attend:
- Professionals who wish to obtain a foundation for a career in real estate
- Students who seek knowledge in other real estate disciplines or specialization within the real estate industry
- Individuals interested in pursuing further professional study without committing to a graduate program
Regular Format and Schedule: Courses are held at the University of San Diego. Class sizes range from 15 to 60 students and are held on a weekly basis each month for four consecutive weeks.
There are no academic requirements to attend any of our certificate programs. You may enroll in one course or complete the entire program and earn a professional certificate in real estate from the University of San Diego, Division of Professional and Continuing Education.
To earn a Certificate in Real Estate Finance, Investments and Development, students must successfully complete: