Public Affairs

Drop Shadow

Services Offered

The Office of Public Affairs and Web Communications can assist with a variety of web-related needs. Whether it's advice on how to best craft your web content, add photos to your website or promote your event to the USD community, we can help.

Promoting News and Events Using MyPostings

The MyPostings System is a database that contains news and events that are displayed on the USD website and MySanDiego portal. This is a web-based application accessed at the following location:

Using this system you can post news and events to various places on the USD website, such as the USD homepage, USD News and Events and MySanDiego portal. Please note that in order to post items to your departmental home page, you must have News/Events windows on your landing page. Please see the Public Affairs website as an example.

If you would like News/Events windows added to your departmental home page, please send an email to with your department's web address (URL).

Finding Photos

The Office of Public Affairs helps maintains a database of high resolution photos for the campus community to use on websites or in printed material. The USD Gallery can be accessed at the following location: Those with a USD username are able to sign up for access to download photos.

If you don't find something that fits your needs, please contact Kelly Niebergall for other resources and options.

Website Guidance

Web Communications and Information Technology Services (ITS) together offer guidance and resources in creating and maintaining your website. Below is a list of ways you can contact the appropriate department that fits your needs:

  • For questions about content management, writing, editing, or promoting your news and events online, contact Kelly Niebergall, web content manager.
  • For any technical support in maintaining your website, including training, analytics, design or adding photography, contact If you are a department within University Relations, please visit the Marketing and Strategic Partnerships website to request assistance through the Project Request Form (PRF).
  • For general questions about any aspect of the USD site, including broken links or missing information, contact