AFFIRM Distinguished Visiting Professor
Given the small numbers of women of color on the faculty at USD and particularly in the STEM and social/behavioral science fields, it is important to provide opportunities for the USD campus to interact with scholars in these disciplines who are women of color. AFFIRM brings noted scholars in STEM and social/behavioral science disciplines to USD to serve as role models of successful women of color.
Each visiting professor will be at the University of San Diego for 2-3 and mentor faculty through the following following activities and events:
- Workshop for interested faculty on a topic of shared interest such as balancing work and family, negotiating campus climate, or life transitions in academia.
- Public lecture at a level appropriate for students and the general public
- Meetings with interested faculty, particularly junior women faculty in STEM and social/behavioral disciplines
- Meetings with the AFFIRM Project Team to provide input on its initiatives
- Meetings with USD campus leaders such as the president, provost, department chairs, EEO/AA director, and director of the Center for Inclusion and Diversity.