AFFIRM improves the experiences and career development of all women faculty through the following three interconnected goals:
Foster an environment that understands, embraces and supports a diverse faculty
- Action 1.1: Establish baselines for institutional climate and measure perceptions of institutional factors related to hiring and advancement.
- Action 1.2: Utilize interactive theatre to engage faculty and administrators in a campus-wide dialogue on issues affecting female faculty, particularly female faculty of color.This is a list
Recruit women faculty, with a particular emphasis on women of color
- Action 2.1: Create and implement new faculty recruitment strategies to attract women faculty, especially women of color.
Support the retention and advancement of female faculty
- Action 3.1: Implement workshops that target key career transition points and necessary skills,and address other barriers identified through the Climate Survey and Focus Groups
- Action 3.2: Establish a comprehensive mentoring program
- Action 3.3: Host Visiting Distinguished Professors who will address strategies to retain and advance female faculty, especially female faculty of color