Changemaker Summer Fellow Deadline
Date and Time
Friday, April 12, 2013
Do you want to make change in yourself and in the world? Become a Changemaker Summer Fellow!
University of San Diego provides a summer opportunity for you to explore your passion for change. The Changemaker Summer Fellows program supports students wanting to explore changemaking opportunities by providing financial support and mentoring. This initiative promotes students’ understanding of social issues and social justice as they actively participate in a community-based or social enterprise experience, locally or abroad.
The 2013 Changemaker Summer Fellows program offers $2,000 for students to explore who they are as Changemakers and to develop their skills in framing social issues and creating innovative approaches to addressing them. All the CSF receive mentoring from the start.
- All undergraduate students who will be returning to USD for the following year are eligible.
- The funding is provided to help cover the costs of the summer experience (such as travel, lodging, and program costs). It may also be used as a stipend if the student engages in unpaid work in the community closer to home.
- The funding may not be used toward formal, credit-bearing study abroad programs.
- Ordinarily, fellows commit to at least 4-6 weeks of summer time.
On April 12, student applicants must submit a one-page description of their proposed Changemaker summer project via email to email@example.com. The summary must include the following: ￼￼￼
- Brief description of the Changemaker project in which the student will be involved (dates, place, organization or group, etc.)
- The nature of the student involvement in the project
- Brief explanation of how his/her participation in the project will push forward his/her identity as a Changemaker
- Brief explanation of how it will further develop his/her skills as a Changemaker
- Short timeline of the proposed project If the applicant is working at a social enterprise—locally or abroad—he/she must provide a note of the organization’s approval.
On April 22, students will be notified about being selected for making a presentation to the CSF committee. On April 29, selected applicants will have five minutes to share his/her ideas and passion for the proposed project for Changemaker discovery. After the presentations the committee will decide the students who will be 2013 Changemaker Summer Fellows.