The University of San Diego’s Center for Peace and Commerce and Ahlers Center for International Business invite you to celebrate the legacy of C.K. Prahalad on the role of business in poverty alleviation on September 15-17, 2011.
This conference provides a forum for sharing where we stand in the Base-of-the-Pyramid (BOP) field and its future as a field of inquiry and practice. Papers on theoretical and empirical research on topics such as: alliances between business and nonprofits (as key components of the BOP ecosystem); corporate social responsibility and BOP market development; organizational change and innovation; social entrepreneurship and inclusive businesses, among others, are encouraged. The BOP field has had an impact in university business programs, with courses and programs developing all over the world. Papers discussing innovations in teaching are welcomed.
The conference includes a morning session with company leaders in BOP ventures.
Information for presenting a paper:
Abstract Deadline: April 30, 2011
Notice of Acceptance: May 30, 2011
Manuscript Due Date: July 30, 2011
Guidelines and Submission Instructions
The paper submission deadline is: July 30, 2011. Please complete the registration form and upload your paper at the link below. Note: If you co-authored your paper with colleagues, please select one author to upload the paper; all authors planning to attend must register individually here.
For the paper to be included in the Proceedings, it must comply with the following:
- The entire paper (title page, abstract, main text, figures, tables, references, etc.) must be in ONE document (Word or PDF).
- The maximum length is 30 pages (including ALL tables, appendices and references).
- The format for tables and figures, references, and appendices should follow the Academy of Management Journal's Style Guide.
- Use Times New Roman 12-pitch font, double spaced, 1-inch (2.5 cm) margin all around, and 8 1/5 by 11 page setting. Check that the paper prints correctly (i.e., all imported figures and tables appear), and ensure that the file is virus-free.
- Note: We will send additional information on presentation format
Please include names and a brief biography for each author. If you want to be involved without presenting a paper, please email Patricia Marquez or Jaime Alonso Gomez. For further information email Nadia Auch .