A New Partnership and Funding Opportunity at USD
In Spring, 2004, USD became a member of the Consortium for North American Higher Education Collaboration. CONAHEC is based at the University of Arizona, Tuscon and is a professional organization that facilitates partnerships between the United States, Mexico, and Canada. It works to promote academic collaboration and professional mobility and to extend cultural understanding among the North American countries. Additionally, CONAHEC aims to strengthen the collaborative efforts with government entities, the business sector, private organizations, and among higher education institutions and organizations.
There is good alignment between CONAHEC's mission and the objectives and philosophy of the University of San Diego. Membership demonstrates the university's dedication to cultural diversity, inclusiveness, and community collaboration and helps to further identify USD as a serious academic center responsive to a diverse and changing world.
- Conferences convening higher education leaders
- A North American student exchange program
- A U.S.-Mexico borderlands network of higher education institutions
- Comparative research on higher education policy
- The Student Organization of North America (SONA)
- Professional development opportunities for campus administrators & faculty
- An information and liaison center for educational opportunities for Mexicans abroad
- International visiting professorships
CONAHEC Allows USD to:
- Receive customized recommendations on partnering prospects and create intra-continental partnerships.
- Enhance your knowledge of educational systems and languages through professional development programs and internships.
- Network with peers and explore critical issues on higher education through tri-national conferences and comparative research publications.
- Participate in Border PACT, a U.S.-Mexico border network of higher education institutions, working for social change within their borderland communities.
- Give students a chance to participate in CONAHEC's framework for student-led cooperation across borders.
Additional Membership Benefits:
- Participation in CONAHEC's Student Exchange Program.
- Online information services and institutional "matchmaking".
- Help in establishing collaborative agreements with peer institutions.
- Conference registration fee discounts.
- Regional executive workshops.
- Special pricing on intensive language, culture, and higher education immersion programs.
- Complimentary publications.
- Participation in CONAHEC governance.
- Representation at international conferences.