Phone: (619) 260-7919
Fax: (619) 849-8123
Location: KIPJ Room 238
Joan B. Kroc School of Peace Studies
5998 Alcala Park
San Diego, CA 92110
U.S.-Mexico Border Resources
The U.S.-Mexico border region is an interesting and complex area because of the unique interaction that takes place between a highly developed nation and a developing nation. About 13 million people live along a 2,000 mile border in four U.S. states and six Mexican states.
The dynamic nature of the border community and the vast socio-economic issues that have arisen in the region provide for an interesting and significant area of study.
The following resources are aimed to help advance knowledge and understanding of this distinctive community:
- Border Statistics: Information on topics from immigration and economic development to religion and culture.
- Border Specialists: Faculty and border specialists on a variety of topics, from human rights and gender to environmental issues.
- Interview Series: Interviews with scholars, professors, lawyers, politicians, journalists, and more.
- Education/Training: In support of continued education.
- Additional Resources Outside the Institute